Sting has spent the last decade performing emotional archeology upon his town’s shipyard, sitting in the back of the Broadway audience to take notes and tracing his own story through the process. This all resulted in the crafting of his musical, The Last Ship. On its premiere night at Mirvish’s Princess Of Wales Theatre, the standing ovation included his friend Shaggy, with whom Sting recently earned his seventeenth Grammy Award for their collaborative reggae album, 44/876. Needless to say, Sting is in a creative resurgence. In a very rare solo acoustic performance from the House Of Strombo, he brings his songs from The Last Ship, his fantastic hymn “Fragile” and an open heart to discuss the power in community, identity and the complicated relationship between him and his father.
Witch Prophet is a self-managed, queer, Ethiopian/Eritrean, singer-songwriter, the CEO of Heart Lake Records (FKA 88 Days Of Fortune) and member of feminist-based electro dub hop group Above Top Secret. She’s also a mother. You might have found her trademarked soundscapes colouring work with Shad, Fucked Up or Lido Pimienta, but she cemented her own place with her debut full-length The Golden Octave. We’re lucky to share with you the reveal of her ode to ancestry and in conversation with George, she details the choice to say ‘yes’ to the magic of life and spin the records that tell her story.
We’ll also exclusively premiere a load of new music from 13, Ian Daniel Kehoe, Mother Tongues, Orville Peck and Steven Lambke.
Tell your friends that the Spirit Of Radio lives on.
- Nancy Sinatra, “Bang Bang”
- Above Top Secret, “Bang (Ft. Lido Pimienta)”
- Witch Prophet, “Weight Of The World”
- Queens Of The Stone Age, “Burn The Witch”
- Brody Dalle, “Don’t Mess With Me”
- The Distillers, “Drain The Blood”
- Public Enemy, “Earthizen”
- 13, "Delusion"
- Riton & Kah-Lo, “Ginger”
- Queen, “Radio Ga Ga”
- Emahoy Tsegué-Maryam Guébrou, “The Homeless Wanderer”
- Witch Prophet, “Elsabet”
- Witch Prophet, “Indigo”
- THEESatisfaction, “Queens”
- Orville Peck, “Buffalo Run”
- The Devastating Affair, “I Want To Be Humble”
- Alex Zhang Hungtai, “Pierrot”
- Jerico, “Zanmi”
- Whitesnake, “Here I Go Again”
- NICOLAAS, “No Stranger Thing (Ft. Lucy Mason)”
- Richard Reed Parry, “Finally Home (Strombo Sessions)”
- Richard Reed Parry, “I Was In The World (Was The World In Me) (Strombo Sessions)"
- Richard Reed Parry, “When You Know Why You're Happy (Mary Margaret O'Hara Cover) (Strombo Sessions)"
- Guy One, “Estre (Ft. Florence Adooni)”
- Chaka Khan, “Like Sugar (Extended Mix)”
- Tom Waits, “Just Another Sucker On The Vine”
- Tom Waits, “Christmas Card From A Hooker In Minneapolis”
- Default Genders, “Christmas Card From A Scammer In Minneapolis”
- Prince, “Let’s Go Crazy”
- Prince, “Darlin’ Nikki”
- Amanda Palmer, “Voicemail For Jill”
- Prince, “The Beautiful Ones”
- Mother Tongues, “She’s Gone”
- Hooded Fang, “Bye Bye Land”
- Ian Daniel Kehoe, "Prizes Through The Mazes Of The Jungle"
- Dionne Warwick, “Anyone Who Had A Heart”
- The Weather Station, “Power (Strombo Sessions)”
- Steven Lambke, “At The Start Of The Song”
- Omar Bongo, “Gor Gor”
- The Police, “King Of Pain”
- Sting, “The Last Ship (Strombo Sessions)”
- Sting, “Dead Man’s Boots (Strombo Sessions)”
- Sting, “Fragile (Strombo Sessions)”
- Flying Horses, “Isolation”
- AKUA, “Offering”