Here we go! We are so grateful to the CBC for allowing us to takeover the airways. We are The Spirit Of Radio. 4 hour, commercial-free, algorithm-free, consultant-free mix, playing every Sunday night on CBC Music, starting at 8pm.
We kick off tonights show with Nena’s 99 Luft Balloons. Pop music, in the Cold War era had so much to say, and we love that. #MusicWeLove
On tonights show, we also have a few Strombo Sessions in the mix, including Steve Earle, Martha Wainwright and Pierre Kwenders.
David of Sing Leaf calls in to introduces his new song, Forever Green and we also get into a deep discussion via the phone with Bob Blumer about the movement #StopTheWaste to raise awareness related to hungry and getting creative with our bruised food.
And of course, we have a sneak peak into the upcoming 2020 tracks… it is going to be a furious year for rock n’ roll and punk rock…
Tonight in the stack, we have: JFDR, Desiire, Ali Barter, Palehound, Bombay Bicycle Club, Gregg Allman, Billie Holiday, Boston, Jane’s Addiction, Penelope Isles, Calina Lawrence, Afrosideral, Sing Leaf, Parliament, Jimi Hendrix, Skratch Bastid, Public Enemy, KRS ONE, A Tribe Called Red, Earle Sweatshirt, Bran Van 3000, Tom Waits, Reuben In the Dark, Heartstreets, Blue Hawaii, Ada Lea, Rage Against The Machine, Queens Of The Stone Age, Deftones, Anti-Flag, Good Riddance, NOFX, Ramones, Leif Vollebekk, Idles, Gregory Isaacs, MF DOOM, The Streets, Vashti, The Stillwaters, Lets See and Daniel Pemberton.
We are the Spirit Of Radio. The Strombo Show, Sunday 8pm on CBC Music
- Nena, "99 Luft Balloons"
- Mammut, "Forever Young"
- JFDR, "Taking A Part of Me"
- Desiire, "Light Down Low "
- Chromeo, "Hot Mess"
- Ali Barter, "Big Ones"
- Palehound, "Aaron"
- Bombay Bicycle Club, "Eat, Sleep, Wake (Nothing But You)"
- Martha Wainwright, "Strombo Session"
- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of Edmund Fitzgerald"
- Steve Earle, "Midnight Rider (Strombo Session)"
- Gregg Allman, "Melissa "
- Billie Holiday, "You Don’t Know What Love is"
- Boston, "Peace Of Mind"
- Jane’s Addiction, "Three Days"
- Penelope Isles, "Gnarbone"
- Calina Lawrence, "ʔəshəliʔ ti txʷəlšucid (Lushootseed Is Alive)"
- Afrosideral, "Ode Ni Ire (feat. Nickodemus)"
- Sing Leaf, "Forever Green"
- Parliament, "This Broken Heart "
- Jimi Hendrix, "Bold As Love"
- Skratch Bastid, "Public Enemy_The Grunt Mega-Mix "
- Public Enemy, "Black Steel In The Hour Of Chaos "
- KRS ONE, "Sound Of Da Police"
- A Tribe Called Red, "The OG"
- Earle Sweatshirt, "MTOMB"
- Bran Van 3000, "Drinking In LA"
- Tom Waits, "Big In Japan"
- Reuben In the Dark, "Welcome Home"
- Reuben In the Dark, "Faultline"
- Heartstreets, " I Wanna Dance_Lost (Revisited) feat. Karim Ouellet"
- Blue Hawaii, "All That Blue"
- Pierre Kwenders, "Strombo Session"
- Why Try, "Princeton "
- Ada Lea, "The Party"
- Rage Against The Machine, "Killing In The Name "
- Queens Of The Stone Age, "The Lost Art Of Keeping A Secret "
- Deftones, "My Own Summer (Shove It)"
- Anti-Flag, "Hate Conquers All"
- Good Riddance, "Shame, Rights, & Privilege"
- NOFX, "Stickin’ In My Eye"
- Ramones, "53rd & 3rd"
- Leif Vollebekk, "Hot Tears"
- Idles, "I Dream Of Guillotine"
- Gregory Isaacs, "Food Clothes And Shelter"
- Jane Siberry, "At The Beginning Of Time"
- MF DOOM, "Kon Queso"
- The Streets, "Dry Your Eyes"
- Vashti, "Here Before"
- The Stillwaters, "Sun Against My Eyes"
- Devon Welsh, "Somebody Loves You"
- Lets See, "Soon To Be Innocent Fun"
- Daniel Pemberton, "Saying Goodbye"