Last week on the show, The Beaches‘ Eliza banged the drums as a special guest to Death From Above. This week, The Beaches bring their own poptimistic rock force to the House in an exclusive stripped down setup. They jam cuts off their debut record “Late Show” and treat all of us to their rendition of a Linda Ronstadt standard.
Ellevator are an experimental-pop band gearing up for their debut EP and a cross-country tour to support Our Lady Peace and Matthew Good. In an exclusive session, they reveal their story and songs, cover Kate Bush and introduce their manifesto.
He’s one of the last hard-core troubadours. Steve Earle returns to the House to celebrate his album, “So You Wanna Be An Outlaw.” He strums his biggest songs, new tunes and covers an Allman Brothers classic as his friend Gordon Lightfoot joins the audience.
We’ll deliver 3-hours of uninterrupted music for music lovers by music lovers, featuring some special appearances including the Godfather of Canadian hip-hop, Maestro Fresh Wes.
- 7Coeur de pirate, “Premonition”
- 6Nap Eyes, "Dull Me Lines"
- 5Maestro Fresh Wes, “Mr. Evans (Ft. Ras Kass)”
- 4Car Seat Headrest, “Cute Thing “
- 3U.S. Girls, “Pearly Gates”
- 2Sunflower Bean, “I Was A Fool”
- 1LUKA, “Quiet Reflex”
- Fela Kuti, “Let’s Start”
- The Books, “You’ll Never Be Alone”
- T-REX, “Teenage Dream”
- Coeur de pirate, “Premonition”
- Nap Eyes, "Dull Me Lines"
- The Sound Of Music, "The Hills Are Alive With The Sound Of Music"
- Link Wray, "Rumble"
- Miles Davis, "Freddie Freeloader"
- Ramones, "Judy Is A Punk"
- Unlikely Friends, "King Of The Last Calls"
- Naked Giants, "Everybody Thinks They Know (But No One Really Knows)"
- Sergio Mendes, “Mas Que Nada”
- D’Angelo, “Sugah Daddy”
- Maestro Fresh Wes, “Let Your Backbone Slide”
- Maestro Fresh Wes, “Mr. Evans (Ft. Ras Kass)”
- Gil Scot-Heron + Jamie XX, “Jazz (Interlude)”
- Prince, “Partyup”
- Public Enemy, "Rebel Without A Pause"
- The Beaches, "T-Shirt"
- The Beaches, “Money (Strombo Sessions)"
- The Beaches, “Moment (Strombo Sessions)"
- The Beaches, “You’re No Good (Linda Ronstadt Cover)(Strombo Sessions)"
- Aimee Mann, "Nothing Is Good Enough"
- Car Seat Headrest, “Cute Thing"
- Steve Earle, “Copperhead Road (Strombo Sessions)”
- Steve Earle, “Guitar Town (Strombo Sessions)”
- Steve Earle, “I Ain't Ever Satisfied (Strombo Sessions)” Steve Earle, “Lookin’ For A Woman (Strombo Sessions)”
- Steve Earle, “So You Wanna Be An Outlaw (Strombo Sessions)”
- Steve Earle, “Goodbye Michelangelo (Strombo Sessions)”
- Steve Earle, “Midnight Rider (Allman Brothers Cover) (Strombo Sessions)”
- Tom Waits, “Another Sucker On The Vine"
- Broken Social Scene, “I Don’t Wait To Grow Up (Tom Waits Cover)”
- Fairuz, “Ya Tayr”
- David Bowie, “Subterraneans”
- Black Randy And The Metrosquad, “Down At The Laundromat”
- U.S. Girls, “Pearly Gates”
- Sunflower Bean, “I Was A Fool”
- Rusty, "Punk Rock"
- Ellevator, “New Survival (Strombo Sessions)"
- Ellevator, “St. Cecilia (Strombo Sessions)"
- Ellevator, “Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God) (Kate Bush Cover) (Strombo Sessions)"
- LUKA, “Quiet Reflex”
- Metallica, “Master Of Puppets (Lullaby Version)”