It’s that time of year again! Strombo’s Halloween Treat. Carve a pumpkin. Light a candle. Eat some candy. Let us provide the soundtrack.
Emily Haines + The Soft Skeleton‘s voice has been a constant friend throughout her releases with Metric and Broken Social Scene. After ten years with those projects, she opened her next chapter with an intimate collection of solo confessions, stories and an LCD Soundsystem cover from the piano in the House Of Strombo.
Finn Wolfhard of Stranger Things and It dials in from Vancouver to discuss his Halloween traditions, the second season of the Netflix juggernaut and what his next direction is with his band, Calpurnia.
Mitch Markowitz, the last surviving member of the Canadian cult classic Hilarious House Of Frightenstein drops in for a few memories, song requests to commemorate the vinyl release of HHOF’s soundtrack. His complete and unedited exploration can be found below.
Also, we’re visited by our friends Partner and Jello Biafra of Dead Kennedys shares the story behind their song “Halloween.”
It’s wall-to-wall Hallowe’en vibes, curated by music lovers for music lovers.
- Roky Erickson, “Night Of The Vampire”
- Wade Denning & Kay Lande, “Halloween”
- Neil Young, “Vampire Blues”
- Alice Cooper, “Feed My Frankenstein”
- Lee Kristofferson, “Night of The Werewolf”
- Jackie Morningstar, “Rockin’ In The Graveyard”
- Various Artists, “Do They Know It’s Halloween?”
- Dead Man’s Bones, “My Body’s A Zombie For You”
- The Cramps, “I Was A Teenage Werewolf”
- Bobby Pickett, “Monster Mash”
- Bill Buchanan, “Beware”
- Baron Daemon & Vampires, “Ghost Guitars”
- The Tomko’s, “The Spook”
- Broadcast, “A Seancing Song”
- John Zacherle, “Dinner With Drac, Pt. 1”
- Edgar Winter Group, “Frankenstein”
- Lori Burton, “Nightmare”
- Emily Haines, “Doctor Blind (Strombo Sessions)”
- Emily Haines, “Wounded (Strombo Sessions)”
- Emily Haines, “Statuette (Strombo Sessions)”
- Emily Haines, “The Maid Needs A Maid (Strombo Sessions)”
- Emily Haines, “American Dream (LCD Soundsystem Cover) (Strombo Sessions)”
- Emily Haines, “Choir Of The Mind (Strombo Sessions)”
- Trent Reznor + Atticus Ross, “John Carpenter’s Halloween”
- C.A. Quintet, “Trip Thru Hell”
- The Who, “Boris The Spider”
- Dead Kennedys, “Halloween”
- Sonic Youth, “Halloween”
- Manfred Hübler & Siegfried Schwab, “Necromania”
- Feist, “Graveyard”
- Louis Armstrong, “Spooks”
- The Munsters, “Munster Creep”
- Bauhaus, “Bela Lugosi's Dead”